Glider Content


Wednesday, March 7, 2012

E-40 To Release Three Albums In March by ANDRES VASQUEZ


E-40 works on releasing three separate albums this month, saying that "old school tactics make new school dollars."
Some artists find it difficult to release three projects in one year but according to reports, E-40 plans on releasing three albums in one month. In a recent article by AHH, 40 Water talked about why he elected to drop three albums in March and added that "old school tactics make new school dollars."  
“I got this thing, man, laid the groundwork and drew the blueprint for the independent music label entrepreneur years ago,” he explained. “The numbers prove my old school tactics make new school dollars. For the past two years they thought it was crazy for me to release two albums at the same time just like we did back in the day. Again, I proved them wrong.”
In December, 40 spoke about releasing three albums in one year, saying he didn't want to release mixtapes. 
“There’s gonna always be people who wanna hear me," he said. "It’s like chitterlings, a lot of people don’t like chittterlings, but a lot of people love em. I’m an acquired taste. Some folks putting out three, four or five mixtapes a year. This is no dis to mixtapes. I like mixtapes. But you have some people putting out mixtapes when it really is their album, but [calling it a mixtape] is just a security blanket in case the project don’t perform well. Like ‘Oh, that’s just my mixtape.’ With me, I’m putting out albums. Ain't no need of beating around the focal point. With me, when you spit the shit people wanna hear, it’s gonna spread like the flu and become contagious like a yawn.”
The Block Brochure: Welcome To The Soil 1, 2 and 3 are set to be released soon. Snoop Dogg,Kendrick Lamar and Too Short are some of the confirmed guests. 

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More